Tegan and Sara affable headfirst into cyberbanking pop on their latest album, Heartthrob. Though it deviated acerb from their older, guitar-based folk-rock, they're affable the claiming of accumulation old and new into their reside show. "Since we are actual abundant a reside band, and we spent so abundant of our activity touring, I anticipate we consistently anticipate about how that new music fit into the old set and how it's traveling to accompaniment the old records," Tegan said at Rolling Stone's Rock Room during the aboriginal day of Coachella.
Coachella 2013: Rolling Stone's Complete Coverage
In fact, the sisters accept begin the confused set lists liberating. "I in fact acquisition Heartthrob is absolutely complementing the old music," said Tegan. "It's absolutely giving the appearance a lot of ups and downs and it's giving a lot of activity to the old songs."
Heartthrob was aswell an honest attack at a career shift, as Tegan explained. "One of the affidavit why we fabricated Heartthrob so abundant added poppy and so abundant added boilerplate was because I did wish a radio hit," she said. "I capital a song on radio because I wish to change radio. And I wish anyone like me reflected aback at me if I accept to the radio."
"We've consistently been out, and we've consistently been abrupt about our politics," Sara said. "We're a pop band, but we're political people."
Interview by Steve Baltin
No hay comentarios. :