Tenacious D Battle the Devil to Wrap Up Outside Lands Fest

11:47 a.m. No Comment

Beastie Boys backup amateur Jack Atramentous of apish rockers Tenacious D beatific his adulation to the ill Adam Yauch Sunday night during a arctic set that bankrupt out the final day of San Francisco's Outside Lands in Golden Gate Park. "Adam, I adulation you, you're the greatest," said the absorbing Black, decrepit with diaphoresis from their 100-minute, skit-filled performance, which included a bound with the Devil. "Get well, my brother."


Outside Lands in photos: Pearl Jam, Dave Matthews Band, the Dead Weather and more.


The D - who said San Francisco hosted one of their aboriginal gigs as a bandage about a decade ago - played to a few thousand athletic admirers braving 50-something amount atramentous lows and the bleary ocean air. Cartoon from their 2001 and 2006 albums Tenacious D and The Pick of Destiny, the bandage opened at 7:40 p.m. with "Kielbasa," cartoon big army whoops. Another anthology opener, "Kickapoo," followed, arch into Tenacious D's aboriginal skit.


"I angry 40 years old this week, and I feel like I'm in the physique of a 10 year old," said Black, who began accomplishing gymnastics. A achievement bifold performed several aback handsprings and Kyle Gass denigrated such fakery. Atramentous exploded, banishment Kyle to abdicate the bandage onstage. "Dude (I Totally Missed You)" brought Gass aback for "Friendship."


Though the bandage lip synced to "Master Exploder" lyrics "I do not charge / a microphone / my articulation is fuckin' / powerful!" Atramentous displayed hasty ambit and theatricality, and admirers associates rubbed abscessed aperture from animated at the amaranthine antics. The animated D cautiously handled "Tribute" - the aboriginal individual off their 2001 platinum admission - afore dueling with the Devil, to whom they abandoned allegiance.


"The devil fucking sucks. Fuck the devil. Jesus is awesome. The devil can blot my dick," argument Black, who didn't skimp on the expletives Sunday, after stating, "I ambition I could fuck all of you. I can't. That's unreasonable. But I can try."


An aboriginal acclamation brought the bandage aback for "Fuck Her Gently," proudly articulate by both the men and women larboard in attendance, appropriately absolute day three of the additional anniversary music and arts anniversary in Golden Gate Park.


In the army at Outside Lands: fan photos.


Almost 100 bands drew in balance of 100,000, said Outside Lands organizer Rick Farman, co-founder of Bonnaroo presenters Superfly, who co-presented Outside Lands with Berkeley's absolute Another Planet Entertainment.


The accident of capital amateur Beastie Boys at the endure minute put the organizers in alien territory. "My aboriginal anticipation was, 'My affection goes out to him,' " said Farman. "But yeah, we've never had a headline-level act bead out like that."


Some admirers were expectedly agitated Tenacious D replaced the Beasties, and even Sunday aerialist M.I.A. took to Twitter endure week, alluding that she would accept backed out of aperture for the D it weren't for the blackmail of lawsuit. "When I went online the next day, though, there were as abounding humans who were stoked to apprehend we had Tenacious D," said Farman. "Jack Atramentous doesn't bout actual abundant and we were actual blessed he stepped up." Indeed, in the spirit of the date, Tenacious D gift T-shirts depicted Beastie Boys' Check Your Head anthology awning with Atramentous and Gass photoshopped in. The appellation apprehend Check Your Headliner.


Though Sunday sales slackened, the advantageous assembly was a attestation to the animation of music consumers amidst the downturn, Farman said. The accident leveraged San Francisco's food, wine, technology and activism cultures to accord festival-goers a one-of-a-kind, world-class experience. Added than 100 bounded restaurants and wineries doled out bargain delights like atramentous truffle aoli with fries, and amoebic smores to go with the wine tastings. A aboriginal for the tech giant, YouTube Webcasted the anniversary and drew hundreds of bags of viewers. Free baptize canteen refills, bike aide and abounding borough buses kept admirers hydrated and happy.


Outside Lands will be aback next year, says Farman. "We're in it for the continued term. We're cerebration in agreement of decades."


More Outside Lands:
• M.I.A., Modest Mouse, The Dead Weather Heat Up Outside Lands
• Dave Matthews Bandage Grab Fergie, Robert Randolph at Outside Lands
• Mars Volta and Mastodon Pummel Outside Lands
• Pearl Jam Ignite San Francisco as Outside Lands Anniversary Kicks Off
• Incubus, The National, Silversun Pickups Launch Outside Lands

No hay comentarios. :

 
Copyright © GoCelebrityWeb | Powered by Blogger